Improvements & updates
30 May 2023
Generate images just how you like them
Now you can add more context to image prompts to get the vision out of your mind and into your tome. Toggle on advanced settings in the image tile to add keywords for things you don’t want to see in your AI-generated image. You can also click on the dropdown to select the right image dimensions:
- Square 1:1
- Widescreen 16:9
- Ultrawide 21:9
- Vertical 9:16
- Portrait 4:5
Cut. Copy. Paste. It’s finally here.
Mea culpa: we should have done this a long time ago, but we hope it’ll make things easier now. In the past, you may have spent a bit of time formatting a tile to look exactly the way you want it to. Then you wanted a second one, or realized you wanted to move that tile to another page, but you couldn’t and had to recreate it from scratch. Well, no more of that. Now, you can cut, copy, paste, and duplicate tiles in your tome with your standard keyboard shortcuts or a right click.
Other things we shipped to make Tome better for you
- Fixed an issue where new collaborators were not receiving workspace invites
24 May 2023
Change text colors to make your words pop
Now you can further customize your tome by adjusting the color of specific pieces of text. Highlight any word, letter, or string of text, then click on the color wheel to change its color. This will override your selected theme’s default text color, giving you more control and expressiveness to help you land your point.
A reimagined image tile for all your image needs
Our new image tile makes it even easier to add the perfect image to your story. Simply drag the image tile onto your page, then select Create to generate an an image with AI or Upload to add your own. AI image generation now leverages the power of Stable Diffusion XL so you can create high quality, photorealistic images. You can also crop images and change the background color directly from the image tile.
Bug fixes and other improvements
- Improved reliability when rearranging pages
4 May 2023
Generate better images using Stable Diffusion XL
We heard you wanted better images when generating with AI, so we’ve updated our AI image tile to leverage the power of Stable Diffusion XL. Now, you’ll be able to generate photorealistic images that are more relevant to your content.
Tome is now faster and more reliable
Last week, we updated Tome to give you more speed, power, and reliability. Here’s what you can expect:
- Up to 2x faster speeds when using AI in Tome
- More specific and relevant text output when generating content with AI
- More reliability with fewer outages
Easier access to the command bar
We’ve made it easier to access the command bar no matter where you are in your creation journey. Click the command bar button on the bottom of the screen or hit ⌘K (or Ctrl-K for Windows) to access it.
Bug fixes and other improvements
- PDF exporting will no longer time out after 60 seconds
- Fixed an issue where the Upgrade button in the settings pane was not working
5 April 2023
Since launching generative storytelling at the end of last year, we’ve been thrilled to see how millions of storytellers from all over the world have used Tome to share product designs, create lesson plans, close new customers, raise funding, and so much more.
We’ve heard that you want a limitless creation and sharing experience in Tome so you can continue to unleash your best ideas and work. So today, we’re excited to bring you an exciting series of improvements as part of our new Tome Pro plan.
The Pro plan is available now on desktop, starting at $8 per month.
For power creators, entrepreneurs, and teams
Our Pro plan is designed to give every type of storyteller an unconstrained creation and sharing experience in Tome. You’ll never have to worry about running out of AI compute credits, and you can add custom branding to make your story authentically yours.With the Pro plan, you’ll get everything available in Tome today, plus:
- Unlimited access to AI so you can always create and refine narratives with your AI-powered storytelling partner
- Unlimited tome creation to create as many compelling stories as you need
- A custom-branded experience with dynamic logos and the ability to turn off Tome branding so your stories capture your brand and identity
- Export to PDF for those moments when your old-school client or professor asks for your work in an outdated format
- Priority in-app support so you’ll never have to wait more than 3 hours for help from a real human
We custom-build our enterprise plans for large organizations that need advanced security and workspace controls, intelligent integrations with your data, and a dedicated customer success team. Get in touch with us if you’re interested in learning more.
For personal use
Our free plan still gives individuals the robust creation and sharing experience you’ve come to know and love in Tome. We’re committed to maintaining a robust free plan in Tome, so you’ll always be able to tell compelling stories.
For students and educators
Our Tome for Edu plan is still available, too. Sign up for a free account with a .edu address or proof of enrollment and get 5,000 AI compute credits for your workspace to generate and refine your tomes.
Check out our pricing page to explore our Free, Pro, and Enterprise plans. As always, thank you for trusting us with your stories.
23 March 2023
Turn your document into a starting point for your story
Copy and paste text from a document, website, or article, and watch as Tome’s AI turns it into an intelligently paginated presentation for you.
Summarize complex documents into key points
Use Tome to analyze and convert interview transcripts, research papers, news articles, manifestos, and even historical speeches into easily digestible presentations, with the most important points intelligently summarized for you.
13 March 2023
Starting today, you’ll be able to access the full power of Tome from your keyboard. Hit ⌘K (or Ctrl-K for Windows) to open the command bar and perform a wide range of actions:
- Create presentations, stories, and outlines with AI
- Add any kind of tile, including text, image (including DALL·E), Figma, and others
- Change themes, record narration, and more
In the coming months, we’ll continue building on top of the command bar to enable powerful AI workflows like pulling data with citations, generating charts and tables, and searching for high-quality photography.
Bug fixes and improvements
- New infrastructure for fewer outages and up to 2x faster tome generation
- Fixed an issue where AV overlays were not appearing
- Fixed an issue where users could not invite members to their workspace
15 February 2023
Use Dinamo typefaces in Tome
We've partnered with Dinamo to bring you a new dimension of expression with refreshingly eccentric typefaces. Open up the themes panel to select the right font for your tome.
Adjust tone, extend, and reduce text with AI
On top of rewriting text, Tome's AI can now also adjust it to the right tone of voice (inspirational, formal, informal, objective, persuasive, or playful), and reduce or extend text to the perfect length.
Highlight the text you want to modify, click on the "AI edit" button in the format bar, pick an option from the dropdown, and sit back while Tome does the rest. You can edit the new text or revert to the original text using ⌘Z (or Ctrl-Z for Windows).
Regenerate narratives with AI
Quickly generate a new narrative based on your original prompt. After your presentation is created, click on the ‘Try again' button. You can use the same prompt again or make tweaks to give Tome's AI more context. Once you're satisfied with your generated narrative, click ‘Keep’ to start refining your presentation.
24 January 2023
The next chapter of AI in Tome is here. We’ve designed new AI features to help you obsess over the details, iterating with you to find the right words and refine your narrative until you’ve truly nailed your point.
- Highlight text and click the ‘Rewrite’ button to have Tome's AI rewrite copy for you. You can edit the new text or revert to the original text using ⌘Z (or Ctrl-Z for Windows).
- When you create with the prompt bar, you can now select an output type (presentation, story, or outline) and image style (auto, cyberpunk, neo-impressionist, anime, pop art, fantasy, or no images).
12 January 2023
Open up the themes panel to select a typeface from a range of Google Fonts. You can apply font selections to the current page or across your entire tome. You can also choose from multiple weights and either manually set a color, or have Tome's AI automatically set the color based on your theme.
20 December 2022
Use the power of AI to create entire stories and presentations from scratch, or add new pages to an existing tome. These new features are now in beta for everyone.
Create a new tome, type a prompt for your story or presentation in the prompt bar, and press enter. Tome will automatically create the full narrative structure for your story, including title, outline, pagination, and page layouts and content, with imagery and text.
Hit ⌘K (or Ctrl-K on Windows) and prompt Tome to add a page with the new content. You can still add, edit, delete, or rearrange content in your tome, just like you’re used to.
29 November 2022
Multi-column layouts give you even more expressiveness in Tome without the added complexity. Now, you can add up to 8 tiles in each row and configure their widths across a 12-column grid for the perfect design.
Just click and drag a tile, then drop it where you want to add a new column. It’ll snap right into place and auto-adjust the width of the other tiles in that row.
21 November 2022
Now, you can upload logos for dark and light backgrounds and toggle the logo on and off on any Tome. The best part? We’ll automatically pick the right logo based on each page’s background color.
To upload your logo, click on your name in the top left of your Tome workspace, select Settings, and then click on your workspace name.
16 November 2022
Generate compelling images to bring your story to life. With the DALL·E 2 tile, you have the power to add remarkable visual expression to your story.
To get started, open the tile picker, click and drag a DALL·E 2 tile onto your page, type in a prompt, and click generate. You'll be able to select from 4 generated images or you can edit the prompt and regenerate the images.
28 September 2022
Now you have the power to create, edit and share your stories, right from your pocket. With Tome’s iOS app, you can:
- Create a new tome to capture a moment of inspiration
- Make a last minute edit to correct a spelling errer error
- Rearrange or delete content to refine your story
- Record video narration to talk through a nuanced point
- Add and respond to comments from your team
- Share your tomes with just a few taps
20 September 2022
Tome is officially open for general access 🎉
Thank you for trusting us with your stories. Your feedback has helped us build a better Tome to reach this milestone. With your input during beta, we’ve re-built Tome’s text tile from the ground-up, obsessed over themes to help you tell on-brand stories, and introduced layouts to help you build your stories faster.
Our mission at Tome is to help anyone tell a compelling story. Our hope is that you’re finding Tome’s new storytelling format to be intuitive and powerful.
14 September 2022
Layouts in Tome make it faster than ever to tell your story. Now, when you add a page, you can choose a pre-built layout instead of manually adding tiles to a blank canvas. For now, layouts are available only on desktop as we develop our mobile creation experience.
8 September 2022
Now you can make your tome authentically yours with custom themes and colors.
- Start by selecting a Background color from the color picker. Your content and the Tome interface will magically adjust to complement your chosen color. Fine-tune your text colors anytime by clicking on Heading and Paragraph.
- Have certain colors in mind? Use the eye dropper to select the color values from an existing asset— like a brand book—or simply type in the Hex values.
- Name and Save your custom theme for easy use by you and your team.
- Magically apply any saved theme to a single page or to all pages in your tome with one click.
17 August 2022
We’ve rebuilt our text tile to help you set a better stage for your story. Here’s what you need to know about the new text tile:
- New Display and Caption font styles for more expressiveness.
- Horizontal and vertical text alignment, so you can set the stage accordingly.
- Easy editing and deleting of hyperlinks.
- Improved bulleted and numbered lists, including the ability to create lists in any font style and align them vertically.
- Strikethrough joins bold, italic, underline and code as the newest text emphasis option.
27 July 2022
Now you can set your tome to light mode.Try light mode by clicking Set page theme (the palette icon) from the right-side menu. From here, you can set light mode —or dark mode —at the page level. Once selected, all tiles on that page are automatically updated.
Want to apply the light mode theme to all pages in a tome? Click Options (the ellipsis …) in the top right nav and then select Light under the Tome theme picker.
22 February 2022
Flexible layouts in Tome fundamentally changes how pages are built and how stories come to life.
- Add as many tiles to your page as you want
- Pages will automatically extend vertically as needed, going beyond the standard 16:9 rectangle
- Tile heights will automatically adjust based on the content you're adding